We understand you want your order fast, and to pay as little as possible in shipping fees. That’s why we utilize our Fast & Fair shipping plan. We get your order out the door quick, use fast and reliable shipping services, and charge only enough to cover our costs. Fast and fair, just the way you like it.
When Will My Order Ship and When Will it Arrive?
GoneReading is known for super-fast shipping; the most common comment from our shoppers is “I can’t believe how fast it arrived!” That’s because we work hard to package your order and get it out the door quickly:
- Most orders placed by 3PM EST on a business day will ship that same day or the following. In rare cases an order will ship two business days after the order is placed.
- All orders received on a weekend or holiday will ship the following business day.
- Our Standard and Free Shipping service will typically take anywhere from 2-6 business days from the ship date to arrive at its destination within the continental U.S. The exact timing will be determined by the size, weight and destination address.
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
At GoneReading we work hard to keep shipping costs low for both domestic and international customers. Unlike most online sellers, we don’t look at shipping charges as a profit center; the shipping charges you pay simply allow us to defray our costs for shipping and packaging.
The cost to ship your order varies according to the weight of the items in your order. To learn the exact cost simply add the items you would like to buy to your shopping cart and then Proceed to Checkout. After entering your address the exact shipping cost will appear in the right hand column. In most cases you will have the option for Standard or Express Shipping.
Shipping is always free to U.S. Armed Forces using an APO/FPO address. When placing your order, select “United States” as your destination country, then under “State” select your destination as “Armed Forces” and either AA, AE or AP.
Learn how to qualify for FREE Standard Shipping within the United States.
Our Plates, Platters & Dishware: Why is shipping so expensive?
We agree, the cost to ship our Book-Shaped Plates, Platters and Dishware can be really expensive. On the whole we actually lose money on the shipping charges for these items, as explained below.
These products are typically bought in multiples to create sets of 2, 4, 6, 8 etc. and often earn FREE Standard Shipping. When purchasing such sets the shipping costs per item are reasonable.
When purchasing just one such item, however, the cost to ship that one item is unreasonably high. We wish it wasn’t the case, but this reflects our actual shipping costs.
Here’s why the costs are so high:
- Our Book-Shaped Plates, Platters and Dishware are actually manufactured for commercial use in restaurants. That means they’re high-quality, but really heavy, about 33% heavier than comparably sized, brand-name dishware you’ll find in department and specialty stores. The extra weight results in higher shipping costs.
- We want your dishes to arrive safely, so lots of extra packaging is required. Each package is prepared individually based on your unique order, and hand wrapped with dividers placed between each of the dishes to protect them from one another. Unfortunately, these extra packaging materials and measures increase the overall cost to ship.
We’re working hard to decrease these costs; as we grow new measures are taken to gain efficiencies from shippers and packaging manufacturers. In the meantime, learn how to qualify for FREE Standard Shipping within the United States.
Also, if you haven’t done so already you will receive a 10% off coupon for subscribing to our e-mail list. Simply enter your email in the form towards the bottom of any page on our site.
Where Do You Ship?
We ship everywhere in the United States (including P.O. boxes), including Alaska, Hawaii, and most of the U.S. Protectorates. When shipping to an American military base overseas, select “United States” as your destination country, then under “State” select your destination as “Armed Forces” and either AA, AE or AP.
We also ship internationally to Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
How Will My Order Ship?
GoneReading ships all orders via either the U.S. Postal Service or UPS, directly from our warehouse in Maryland, USA. Our Standard and Free Shipping packages will be sent using either the First Class or Priority Mail class of service from the USPS, or by UPS Ground. The class of service will depend upon the size, weight and destination.
Will I Be Able To Track My Shipment?
Yes, except for some very small, lightweight packages, you will receive an email with a simple link to track the progress of your shipment within the United States. Most foreign shipments will also be trackable. You should automatically receive tracking information when your order is processed, but if not, don’t hesitate to Email Us and we will be happy to send it to you.
Questions About Shipping?
Simply call or email!